There are a few different options available when it comes to purchasing a water heater for your home—two of these options being the tank and tankless water heaters. Understanding the benefits and disadvantages of both is important, so that when it comes to having a new system installed, you know what you are getting.
Tank Water Heaters
Tanked hot water heaters, also referred to as storage tank water heaters, are the traditional choice when it comes to water heater options. A tank model stores continuously heated water in a storage tank for use later on. There are a few pros as well as cons to this type of water heater. Keep reading to learn more.
- Affordability of the system.
- Simple installation and replacement, making these services very affordable as well.
- Gas and electric models.
- A variation of fuel type options.
- Installation almost anywhere in your home.
- Compatible with reticulation systems.
- Standby heat loss.
- Can run out of hot water when being used simultaneously or for too long.
- Take up a lot of space.
- Expensive to maintain.
- Potentially unstable water temperature settings.
Tankless Water Heaters
These water heaters work by heating cold water that passes through them via a gas burner or electrical elements, and then supply that water to the pipes of a building without the use of any type of storage tank. Just like the other model, there are pros and cons.
- Lower maintenance costs than tank models.
- Hot water is on-demand, meaning it will never run out.
- Creates hot water as-needed, which saves energy and money.
- More precise temperature control.
- Space saving.
- Longer lifespan than a tank model.
- Higher purchase price than a tank water heater.
- Complex installation.
- Most models require electricity to run, which is more expensive than natural gas.
Hopefully these tips help you to make an educated decision about what type of water heater is best for you and your home. We’re happy to help with any further questions you may have about these systems!
For water heater installation in Jacksonville, FL, contact AA Service and Repair- North Florida AC.